Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Bounty of Gifts

Every Thursday morning, Tilly often accompanies me to the local community center (she stays in the car during Zumba, though I'm sure she'd like to join in).  Since they are not allowed to sell stuffed animals, Tilly is the happy recipient of some of the larger stuffed animals.
The lady who keeps them back for her enjoys giving them to Tilly, due to the excessive and enthusiastic response by Tilly.  She can't say thank you enough.

Last week, I heard a teaching on how complaining demonstrates a lack of gratitude in what God has given us.  It was a week long series and let's just say it hit home.  For November, I'm trying to reform my complaining ways.  It's tough to give up something I'm so very good at it.  But if it takes 6 weeks to form new habits, I'm starting right now.  Focusing on gratitude shouldn't be so hard, when we live somewhere that has so many amazing privileges.  Seriously, the question should be, "Where do I begin when considering how I'm blessed?"

Often, we destroy the good things we're given by.....enjoying them too much....sort of like ripping the stuffing out of them.  It destroys the gift in the way in which it was originally intended.

Do you see where I'm going here?  I thought so. 

'Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment