Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Junior Day - Do You Have a Dream?

Sometimes I'm afraid to dream. Having high expectations inevitably leads to disappointment. I've been preferring "safe" dreams, or dreams that will ultimately be fulfilled in eternity.
Then I watch shows like House Hunters International and couples say they are now going "to live our dream."

It makes me want to find a new dream. One that I can pursue for the betterment of others, and a little something for me too.

I don't think Martin Luther King Junior dreamed safely. He dreamed big and lofty dreams and did the hard work to get there. Ultimately, his dream cost him his life.

Forgiveness and Love
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. It is impossible even to begin the act of loving one's enemies without the prior acceptance of the necessity, over and over again, of forgiving those who inflict evil and injury upon us.
Forgiveness does not mean ignoring what has been done or putting a false label on an evil act. It means, rather, that the evil act no longer remains as a barrier to the relationship.
Source: Strength to Love

No comments:

Post a Comment