Friday, June 14, 2013

Know Your Father

The majority of owners of dogs and cats have no idea who the pets' father is.  Often it is a great mystery.  Not to cast aspersions on any dog or cat's parentage...

Father's Day is this weekend and it can be a time of great celebration for some, and great pain for others. 

Whether we admit it or not, we long for a father.  Abandonment by a father wounds us in ways we often don't realize until we find that love fulfilled.

Today I heard a dad say, "I can't be a perfect father, but my imperfections point to the Lord, who is perfect and fulfilling in every way I can not be."

Whether you are thanking God for your earthly father or feeling difficult emotions, the truth is that father points to God our Father, who is perfect, who is NEAR, and who loves YOU tremendously in the ways of truth and grace.  This is the Father to know, love, and adore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooooo, I thought Father's Day was next Sunday. Thanks for the information. But that means I missed giving the church cookies for the Father's Day cookie plates. :-( They had to be at the church this morning @ 9. I don't have any cookies baked and it's 8:45 am. Plus, it's a 30 minute drive to the church. I am sooo bad. I guess I will have some explaining to do tomorrow. Hope my mom and sister made extra !!!!!

    ReplyDelete