Monday, November 4, 2013

Too Busy

For years I've proudly responded to the question, "Are you keeping busy?" with "I try not to be busy."  Yes, I said it with much self-righteousness as I observed people sucked into the "busy" lifestyle and boasting about it.

But now, I find that I am the one too busy - sucked in by my to do list.  I know I need to stop and smell the roses, but.....
Enough.  It's time to carve out some time to focus on how to manage my time, and not let it mange me anymore.  Having dealt with exhaustion before, I know the signs and with a cold trying to take me down, I know I'm close.

Jesus said his burden is easy and yoke is light.  I think I'm going to have to spend some time asking him to take these burdens.  He said he would.  How about I act like I believe him?

How about you?  How do you manage your time?  What is the biggest thing that takes your time that you could eliminate?


No comments:

Post a Comment