Thursday, October 31, 2013

Desk Dweller

Here's Carbon, "helping me" write.
What is it about books and writing that attracts the feline?  Every morning, one of my cats decides to lay on the paper?  In general, these are not helpful gestures.

Sometimes I worry that I am not very helpful either.  I know, it's hard to imagine when in every other way I'm completely fabulous and practically perfect (cough).  But I am aware that I'm not always "aware" of others' sensitivities.  I try, but sometimes I just plow right over a more sensitive soul.

Love covers a multitude of sins.  What does this mean?  Choosing love, believing the best of others, can help us look past our more abrasive brothers and sisters. 

Meanwhile, I'll continue to work on it.  I'll pray the Lord helps me with compassion and love.  Because I sure can't do it on my own!

2 comments:

  1. I can fully understand the "moral" to your story as well as the cat problem of them having an obsession with laying on my paperwork. I will work on being more sensitive too. Seems I have no problems understanding my animals sensitivities, but oh how hard to see humans'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I seem to see other people's sensitivities right after I've stepped on them!

      Delete