Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Seeing the Vet IS Important

Last Friday, Tilly went to the vet for her annual exam and vaccinations. She managed to curl herself into a tiny ball (as tiny as a 30 pound dog can manage) and tuck herself under my chair.

Like we wouldn't know she was there.

Then she heard the vet's footsteps. Thump, thump, thump. Her tail was wagging. When the door opened, she got out from under the chair and wagged her entire back end. When he put her on the table, she kept licking him and the vet tech.

She did pretty well for her vaccinations, but was really unhappy with having her temperature taken (and who could blame her?).


Going to the vet is no picnic, yet it is necessary. It's uncomfortable and sometimes painful, but for our own healthy living, we need to be checked internally to make sure no parasites are compromising our insides. Vaccinations keep diseases at bay.

Sometimes I prefer to avoid prayer because I'm afraid that the Lord is going to point out some sin that is festering on the inside. Having our spiritual temperatures taken can be seriously uncomfortable. I don't always want to go to church, but I know by being with other people who struggle with their imperfections, it helps "vaccinate" me from giving into the constant temptations I face every day.

When I remember who the Lord really is, that discomfort is for my better life, I can run to him with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment