Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Go Ahead, Make My Day....

Have you met Cricket, the Border Collie? (hi Cricket!)
Cricket is a delight in that she is true to her breed. She herds. She protects. While she's not really all that crazy about other dogs, she tolerates them with proper dog etiquette. When Cricket is at the kennel, she greets me with a bark as soon as I open the door. Then, she immediately grabs her tennis ball and wants to play. She really asks so little...throw-the-ball-throw-the-ball-throw-the-ball-throw-the-ball! God wants a relationship with us. Daily, He asks only the simplest of things - Come, talk to me. That's not so hard, is it? Yet how quickly does our time of quiet and meditation get thrown out the window for "more pressing matters." I know I'm guilty of this myself. Yet, if I do take the time, it sets the proper tone and order for my day. Time set apart for God really does...um...make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment