Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Life Without Compromise

Most cats dig catnip. They see it, they imbibe. They do not practice moderation, self-control or if it compromises their principles.
Go for it, Captain. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do the same? See Oreos, eat bag. No problem. Then there are those situations that demand our judgement in the grey areas. For instance, right now I'm trying to decide if a song is okay for the exercise class I'm doing. It's sort of on the fence. I want to use it, but since I don't feel 100% confident that it's "okay," then the answer is probably no. Isn't it? Sometimes I talk myself into something being acceptable when deep down I know it isn't. Yes, plenty of people would say it was fine or "not that bad" but if it goes against my grain, then I probably should skip it. If I compromise in the little things, failing to stick to what I know is true, then it's easier to keep doing that. It will also be easier when the stakes are higher. I need help! Do I look to the Hills? No! I look to the Lord. I need guidance, insight, wisdom. Then I need the strength to stick to my convictions. These are things I can't do on my own. What about you? Is there something niggling away at your conscience? What will you do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment