Monday, November 5, 2012

"Love Endures All Things"

Last night Captain snuggled next to me.  He was a bundle of purring, tucked under my armpit.  Awww.....
Then, he sat up and began hacking, as if a hairball may soon be on its way.

Ewww....

I didn't throw him across the room.  I gently moved him to the end of the bed and waited until he stopped (and thankfully, there was no hairball).  LOVE comes with hairballs.

Also last night, I watched an episode of Jersey Shore.  I'm an unapologetic reality show enthusiast.  Every now and then, when you least expect it, God shows up.  And not just the "OMG" God but the real God.

Last night God showed up in a reflection of his radical love for us, unconditional and sincere.

Snooki was sitting on her handsome fiancee's lap. She laughed about something and then got up quickly and yelled, "Oh no!  I peed!"  Her fiancee', while not looking happy, he still looked at her with love.  Being pregnant, Snooki can't have the best bladder control.  But her fiancee loves her and his baby she's carrying because LOVE endures inconvenient and even occassionally gross truths.

In real time, Snooki is changing diapers on their infant, who they love.  It may be smelly, but LOVE endures unpleasantness.

When my husband was dying, he could not shower without help.  It was my honor to help him, even though it was difficult to wash his body that was ravaged by ALS.  But LOVE involves heartbreak.

The love we experience in our lives is wonderful, yet it is only a glimpse of what eternal LOVE is - perfect and fulfilled.

"LOVE is patient.  LOVE is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs....(LOVE) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  I Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment