Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Count It All Joy

Complaining is easy, especially when you're provided with plenty of material all day long. 

However, now that the chaos of summer is over at the kennel, I've been able to enjoy life again.  With that, I'm realizing - again - how very blessed I am.

While chronically late clients aggravate me as I wait to eat breakfast until their arrival and dogs who can't seem to remember their housebreaking wear me out, now I'm focusing on the beauty of what I do, and the 80% of clients and dogs that make life a blessing.

There's the older man who stopped at home to pick some tomatoes for me before picking up his cat.  The couple that always bring me chocolate (I try not to play favorites, but c'mon, chocolate!).  Or the best, the person who says they didn't worry about their pet and enjoyed their trip instead.
Look at this guy.  He's been with me on extended stay due to unforeseen circumstances.  Yet he's obviously pretty happy.

Where's your focus?  Remember to shift away from the negative now and then, and instead choose thank the Lord and sing His praise.  Even in the most trying of circumstances, God is with us.  Immanuel.

And to celebrate a major accomplishment of a good friend of mine, I'd like to recommend you check out her newly published book. It's fantastic!

http://www.amazon.com/Betrothed-to-Mr-Darcy-ebook/dp/B00F9GFP82/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379511498&sr=8-3&keywords=betrothed+to+mr.+darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment