Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Definition of Insanity

Here's one:
"That dog ain't right."

Here's another: "Doing the same thing over and over with the same unwanted results."

The weather, as some of you may know, has been horrible of late. Rain, grey, rain, grey...cold, rain...clouds. The sun is an unknown object.

Despite the abysmal weather, the cats don't seem to understand. They go outside, discover it is raining, then want back in.
They walk to the other door, I let them out, they discover it's raining there too (gasp), then want back in. Multiply this by three cats (cat number four just sleeps) many times a day and everyone is frustrated.

Of course, it's me who lets them out and in, so really who's at fault?

And don't I often try the same thing, over and over, and get nowhere? Still, I try again, only to be surprised that my way is not working. When will I learn? Could it be that my way is...wrong?

Should I perhaps try instead to see what God might have in store? Does it require the "w" word - wait? Waiting for the storm to pass instead of running out into the midst of it. That seems wise. Why is it so difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment