Monday, July 25, 2011

His Eye is on the Sparrow

You will be thankful there are no photos for this post.

Living in a rural area, roadkill is pretty ordinary. Yet last week, I saw a baby deer that had been hit. It made me sad. It was so beautiful. Yesterday as I was driving, the car in front of me hit a squirrel. Ugh. It was frolicking in the road. Then it wasn't.

When these things happen, I remind myself how we are taught that God is aware of every instance of death and suffering. Even the sparrow is a concern for the Great God of the Universe. It comforts me to think that if it makes me sad to see this tiny animal crushed, it breaks the heart of God as well.

And if God knows of these "minor" casualties, then how much more He cares about each one of us. We are the penultimate of His creation. He knows every bit of what we experience.

Nothing that happens is insignificant in the eyes of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment