Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making the Most of It

This is Molly (hi Molly!). Molly stayed at the kennel for approximately five weeks, going home last Wednesday. Her owners were doing missionary work overseas, and obviously Molly couldn't join them.
She had to "make do" with me and a kennel full of dogs. After some initial anxieties, she settled in well. I took her for long walks with my dogs. She got extra treats and pats on the head.

Even after all that time, Molly knew she didn't belong to me or in that kennel. She knew she belonged to someone else. When her owners arrived, she hopped up in their truck, not giving me the slightest glance goodbye.

"This World is Not Our Home" is an old saying. And it's true. A saying that really gets me is that this world is the only heaven non-believers will ever know, while it's the only hell believers will experience. That's a relief to me, that it will get no worse, but a somewhat terrifying realization that for some this is as good as it gets.

I can live above my circumstances of both good and bad when I know it's not all there is. I don't belong in this world. I belong to someone else - and He is a very good and loving God.

You can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment