Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"I Stand at the Door and Woof"

Here's Dooley (hi Dooley)! Isn't he cute?
Dooley belongs to a friend of mine (hi Sue!) and is allowed to run around without a leash. Imagine my surprise after we returned from a long walk and I let him off the leash so he could burn off some more energy. He went right to the kennel door.

At home, Dooley gets to look out the window and patrol his neighborhood. Yet he wanted to be in a cage in a kennel rather than run around. Why?

I strongly suspect it has something to do with the treats that I gave him now and then.

Is there anything in your life that tastes so good that you follow it anywhere, even if it leads to a metaphorical cage? Do you ever inadvertently find yourself restricted when you thought you were getting your freedom?

It always surprises me how quickly I can become ensnared by the false promise of some pleasures. An entire bag of Girl Scout cookies only seems like a good idea for a very, very short period of time. And that's not the worst of it.

I don't know about you, but I can't easily change my patterns. I need God's power, and my admission that I'm weak. It's not easy, but it is better.

1 comment: