Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Your Tail-Wag Quotient?

Foster has struggled a bit lately. When he's not running into things, he's wincing in anticipation of running into things.
It's heartbreaking.

Over the years, many people have asked me "how do you know" when the time has come to say goodbye to their beloved dog or cat. While the answer is never definitive, I suggest a 50/50 rule. In other words, once the pet has more bad days than good days, then it's time to start considering.

For Foster, I feel we're coming closer to the line. However, this morning, he attacked his ball with gusto, giving it a good shake and his tail was wagging. As long as I see these glimmers of Foster's happy nature, his quality of life is quite good.

While this rule certainly isn't applied to people, each of us makes a decision every day as to the quality of our lives. Sure, there are turkeys who try to keep us down. In the midst of it, we can find ways to still "wag our tails" in spite of negativity.

It's easy to be negative. Often, I need to tell God I can't handle certain problems and He'll have to take care of them. Even more frequently, I beg to have His strength to get through the day with a glimmer of joy. I believe that is a prayer he is happy to answer.

If you find your attitude lagging today, reach out to the Lord. Beg for His power, His forgiveness, and His everlasting joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment