Friday, August 24, 2012

Stubborn is as Stubborn Does. Or Doesn't

Meet Roxie.  Don't be offended that she's not getting up to greet you.  C'mon Roxie.  C'mon!
Roxie's owner told me that if I want her to do anything, I'd need to kick her.  Hmmm...that seemed extreme.  Then I realized he wasn't kidding.  And that really was the only way to get her to move.  I found this out after putting a leash on her and she didn't move, not even with coaxing.  Or dragging.  The only thing that worked was to nudge her firmly with my shoe to her back end.

Now the owner is a kindly person who cares well for his animals.  He just knew this was the only way to motivate Roxie to action.

And it turns out I have something in common with Roxie.  I can be stubborn. Sometimes the only way God has broken through to me was a kick in the pants, so to speak.

What about you?  Can you keep your mind open to more kindness and more love?  To see more people like Jesus does?  Or do you stubbornly maintain the comfort of status quo?

Avoid a kick in the pants.  Follow the One who promises to lead you gently in the direction that is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment