Friday, February 15, 2013

Scared Straight

Once, Captain was a brave, dragon slayer kind of cat. This past Fall, he developed "certain undesirable male feline habits." When it was time for me to go on vacation, Captain had to stay in the kennel. There, he first freaked out when he saw the caretaker, then hid whenever she returned. When I returned I expected to find a feral beast. Instead, he ran to me and purred in my arms. Since then, he has been the model of feline good citizenry. So what happened? I don't know, but I'm glad! There have been times in my life when I've sauntered through life thinking I was invincible. It didn't take too many years before circumstances proved I was not truly Captain of my ship. God's interruptions to our plans are often kindnesses in disguise. Sometimes we have to quit fighting and realize that this present pain may be for our future good.

No comments:

Post a Comment