Sunday, December 8, 2013

Are We There Yet?

Tilly loves car rides.  When I begin my "leaving the house" routine, of which she knows well, she begins darting from door to door, anticipating where I will make my exit, and most importantly, if I will include her.

If she gets the nod, she joyously bolts out the door, grabs her blue ball and races around the car until I open the door for her.

From there on out, my rearview mirror looks like this:
 
The trip is fascinating to her.  The bank.  The grocery.  What she's really hoping for is a walk around the "Green Monster." 
 
For years, I prided myself on not being too busy.  I could enjoy simple things.  While I enjoy the things occupying my life now, I'd like to slow down a bit.  I want to enjoy every day instead of pushing for Friday.
 
"Are We There Yet" automatically discounts our steps along the way.  Jesus asks us to trust him for the next step, along with the whole journey.  It shouldn't be that hard.
 
Advent is about waiting.  It's about anticipating what excitement is to come.  Yet we need to enjoy the days when we wait for redemption with peace and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment