Monday, March 4, 2013

Memory (Foam)

After months of not sleeping well, brilliantly I realized perhaps my mattress was part of the problem. I flipped it (which was no mean feat) and - surprise - I've been sleeping better! The mattress is one of those soft, squishy ones that conform to your body (which frankly reminds me of the creepy Norman Bates' mom imprint on the bed -shudder). Not so curiously, the cat that normally sleeps right next to me has decided that the mattress switch is not such a hit afterall. He's now gone back to the opposite, bottom of the mattress, where he probably still smells and conforms to his imprint there. Isn't it true that we often return to what is familiar instead of embracing what is new - and sometimes better? Throughout our lives, God allows us seasons of comfort and familiarity, but he also allows discomfort and newness. We may hesitate, but learning new things in a spirit of adventure allows us to learn and be excited by what God throws into our path. It is for our good and His glory. While it's tempting to go back to what is safe, is that really any way to live?

No comments:

Post a Comment