Friday, May 24, 2013

Putting on the Feedbag

It's no secret that Tilly and I have something in common. We love to eat.
Don't laugh. Last week I did the same thing with a canister of Pringles.

When Tilly was young, she snuck down the basement and helped herself to the bag of food. She was bloated and I had to take her to the vet for a fun time of stomach pumping. While I've not gone that far, I've done my share of over indulging.

There are many reasons we choose to ignore our brains that tell us to stop. Scientists even provide explanations involving chemical responses. While these are all true, what is also true is we want what we want.

We were created to want. But what could be more satisfying than peace and joy in the Lord? Well, sometimes it seems like a double dip of moose tracks ice cream. Sometimes it seems like another margarita. We can see, taste and experience immediate pay off with those "things." It's more difficult and complex to develop a relationship with God that provides a different fulfilling experience. It's work. It's not easy - and we love easy.

So, will you resolve to do the harder "right" or the easier "wrong?" Every day we get to make a choice. Sometimes we fail (or, in my case, often). But it's a new week.

Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment