Friday, June 24, 2011

Making All Things New

When I was growing up, my first dog was named Brandy. My best friend and fellow dog crazy buddy got a dog named Pepsi right about the same time.
We grew up with these dogs, and they even died within a year of each other.

This past week, an owner brought her two dogs and I couldn't help seeing the resemblance between Brandy and Pepsi. Meet Dinah and Shelby (the big lab is Lacey).
It's not a great picture, but they were a couple of the cutest dogs I'd seen for some time.

It was nice to think about my childhood pet. Brandy is such a distant memory.

Jesus said, "behold, I make all things new." I wonder often what that means. I think it means that my cranky self can be redeemed into a thing of beauty. I think it means that our aging bodies will have a better future eternally than we can understand now. And often, I wonder if it means that even our old animal friends will be with us in eternity.

All things new. We are drawn to babies, puppies, and kittens. Could it be that there is something about that newness that God uses to show us that what he calls new is eternal?
. Why wouldn't we enjoy that feeling forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment