Friday, June 3, 2011

What to do When There's Another Mouth to Feed

Someone dropped off a little something near my house on Wednesday.
It would appear he is a "last of the litter." Right now, this household has four cats (who barely get along) as well as two dogs. That's a lot of animal hair in the vaccuum.

However, there are few alternatives for the little guy. While I desperately want him to go to someone who would enthusiastically welcome a cute little kitten in their home, there just aren't many people who want one.

Shelters are packed. I know without making the first phone call that none are accepting more.

So what happens?

This is us coming home from the vet's office:
He's about four weeks old and still wants to nurse. He's eating soft food, but not the hard kibble just yet.

It's not going to be easy for my other cats to accept another cat, particularly one that doesn't understand boundaries.

In God's family, He always is wanting more and more and more. Sometimes we don't want to add any more weirdos into the family. But weren't we all stray at one time? Shouldn't we welcome all who need shelter and love of the Lord (which is everyone)?

Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life." He also said a lot about being the Living Water. It would seem the resources in God's economy never run out.

I"m not so sure about my personal resources. But, I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment