Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Adapting to Change

It's coming. You know it. I know it. We don't want to talk about it.

Cold weather.
That's right, Carbon. My feelings exactly.

Having a touch of arthritis in my back and hands, the last couple days have been full of aches and pains as the temperatures have taken some serious dips and a band of thunderstorms passed through. When the storms woke me up, I realized the pain in my back was gone.

Storms come in our lives as well. They are not welcome. We want things to stay the way they are. That's not necessarily a bad thing. No one wants pain.

Yet after the storm passes, our pain can change and even be redeemed - used for a greater purpose than just our own comfort. If you've ever seen another person in pain and wondered how to help, you'll only know how after you've been through some of your own.

And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment