Monday, October 17, 2011

A Ray of Sunshine

Ever notice when the weather is dreary you have little energy. When the sun pours in the window, it's much easier to get up and at 'em.
This does not hold true with the Captain. He has energy no matter what. Since he can't jump up on the back porch like the bigger cats, he has learned to jump on the tree and then onto the porch. Sort of like a superhero.

Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of energy? Sometimes when I'm lacking vim and vigor, what really works for me is slowing down.

How does that make sense?

Sometimes I need a little more time to pray, because my brain just doesn't want to. If I take more time to talk to God (often in a complaining - yet respectful - tone), the rest of my day often goes a little better and with a bit more kick in my step.

We may not have the physical energy of a child, or even a kitten or puppy. Yet, God's strength is like no other. It's a matter of sitting down to get energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment