Monday, August 23, 2010

I Bark Too Much

When dropping off their dog to the kennel, owners often say, "he may bark." I nod politely. Of course the dog will bark. Almost all of them do. It doesn't bother me at all. It's what dogs do to communicate. Sure, now and then, one dog will bark more than others. Rarely does a dog bark continuously. They bark when the other dogs go home, they bark for my attention, they bark when another dog passes their cage.

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing." James 3:9-10

Is this you? Does your tongue do this? It's me, and it's my tongue. It's embarrassing. I can sing a praise song and run someone down in the same day, sometimes the same hour. How does this happen?!

Dogs bark aggressively and they bark joyously. They seem to have the same problem we do.

What makes you bark at others? What's your strategy to stop? Or, at least, to reduce?!

No comments:

Post a Comment