Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Training Tip

Many owners boast that their puppy stays close to them, never wandering away.

This is great.

While it lasts.

Once puppies hit seven to eight months of age, their owners aren't nearly as interesting as they used to be. They are maturing and want to explore the world. Suddenly, they aren't staying close. They are wandering away.

A leash wasn't needed before, but now it may be to keep the dog safe. Training needs to continue. The dog was designed to live not following, but living, with their owner in sight.

There have been times in my life that I needed to stick close to God as I went through a lot of pain. Eventually, I could walk further, but always with an eye over my shoulder, keeping God in sight. I've needed to learn God's better way of living, rather than wandering, following what seems more interesting.

What tempts you to wander?

No comments:

Post a Comment