Friday, August 20, 2010

Making the Most of It


This is Dakota (hi Dakota!). She's a beauty, inside and out.

When her owners drop her off to the kennel, she comes bounding out of the back of their vehicle, and romps around. She goes to the door of the kennel and waits for ME to open the door for HER. This is a real change from the way some dogs 1) greet me and 2) go through the door.

While Dakota is at the kennel, she follows the routine, sniffs another dog if she feels like it, or completely ignores them. She does like herself some good treats, though (yet one more reason why I like her).

It doesn't seem to bother her that her owners are miles away and she's with all these barking dogs.

For the record, when I'm put off by circumstances and people, I can't say I choose to make the most of it. I complain. I whine. I am unhappy. Lesson to be learned here: think Dakota. Or maybe, "go to my Dakota place." She seems to have faith that her absence from her owners is temporary and she just enjoys where she is until they come back for her. Then, she gloriously bounds out the door, hops in the back of the owners vehicle, and wags her tail.

I'm pretty sure if she knew how, she'd wave goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment